Safelite Auto Glass - Safelite is NOT an American Company!

Issue not resolved
Feb 28, 2010
review #172946

Safelite is NOT an American-owned Company! It was sold to a foreign conglomerate 4 years ago. It is owned by Belron (British Company). Belron, in turn, is owned by a Dieteren, a Belgin Company. Therefore Safelite is a Belgin Company, not American.

Safelite contracts with insurance companies (that is probably how you heard of them). Your insurance company wants you to use Safelite because they are cheap. As you can see from the customer service reviews, the quality of their work is suspect.

Every dollar that goes to Safelite, puts your local auto glass company out of business. Buy local.

beeb01e
Had an experience with Safelite Auto Glass?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
dave h

Jul 04, 2010

Typo. Of course I meant the United STATES of America.

dave h

Jul 04, 2010

Really? That's odd, because if it wasn't for Safelite, I wouldn't have a job. I happen to be American, not Belgian.

Oh, and by the way, the Safelite glass factory is located in North Carolina. Which last I heard, is a state located in the United State of America.

So seriously, stop writing nonsense.

tommy

Jun 21, 2010

where do all the progits go? :cry :cry :cry :cry

avl

May 28, 2010

i work 4 safelite they have thousands upon thousands of job here in us so its benefiting here

spell check

Apr 11, 2010

sorry employees
(typing to fast)

0 0 Reply
employee americans now that is

Apr 11, 2010

but there is no glass company that eployees more americans. if you feel you could give all these folks better jobs then you do that. until then leave it to the leader in auto glass replacement and repair in the world.

Mandy

Apr 03, 2010

I understand most of Safelites glass comes from China. XYG, Xinyi brand. What % of Safelites glass comes from China compared to that produced in USA ? And I mean what % of glass volume not cost.

stormbringer

Apr 02, 2010

All the glass Safelite uses is made here in America so stop your bashing of a company that employs Americans

Ted

Mar 09, 2010

Budweiser isn't AMERICAN anymore either! Owned by a Belgium Co. InBev SA !

An American with a Job.

Mar 07, 2010

The jobs they create are being filled my Americans. The charities they give to are American charities which help Americans. And the company pays taxes here in -- you guessed it: America.

Since when did Patriotism become ideological fanaticism to the extent that one becomes a blathering ***? The nation needs commerce right now, and Americans need jobs. And if you do any REAL research about this company, you'll find that they have a lot to be proud of - not only as a business, but also in our local communities. They really try, which is something I respect. No company always gets it perfect, and all of us are trying to grow as people, but patriotism and love of country has nothing to do with bashing others. Ever.

I'm an American war veteran who is employed by Safelite. I don't appreciate the hate-mongering that you tried to wrap around our sense of nationalism with this senseless post. You want to beat your competition? Do it through good customer service. But this was lame, low and not a good demonstration of the values we all need to stand by in these trying times.

Please think.

- An American with a Job.

Safelite

Mar 03, 2010

Yes, we are owned by a company based overseas. Belron is the world's largest vehicle glass repair and replacement company. They have operations in 31 countries across five continents. As you can imagine, that allows us to have unparalleled access to research and resources to make our company even better!

We at Safelite AutoGlass are based in Columbus, OH and employ more than 9,000 people across the nation! It's definitely the best of both worlds - we can think global and act local!

Our glass and materials also meet or exceed all federal guidelines and we offer our own in-depth certification process. This committment to quality and safety is generally what differentiates the competition.

We are also committed to customer service excellence, which includes a national lifetime warranty that is unmatched by any competitor. We are the only company to offer national coverage, which means that wherever our customers travels take them, they are covered!

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Safelite Auto Glass.
Filing a new complaint about
×